KASFAA Oz-Sociated Press, Fall 2003
Back to Page 1
Back to Top of Page
Kansas Hotline Answers Students', Parents' Career and College Questions
Students and parents in Kansas now get answers to their questions about career and edcuation options by calling a new toll-free telephone hotline. USA Funds Career and Education Hotline for Kansas provides access to information about hundreds of careers, postsecondary institutions in Kansas and across the country, college majors, training programs and financial aid.
By call the toll-free hotline -- (866) 897-8111 Kansas students and parents will receive answers to questions such as the following:
- What programs does a particular university offer?
- Which colleges and university offer a specific major?
- What types of financial aid are available for postsecondary studies?
- What are the typical earnings for a specific occupation?
- How does a student sign up to take college-admissions tests?
Trained information specialists staff the free, statewide hotline from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Students and parents also can leave voice messages for the hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week.